What's Your Leadership Style?

Today I took a quiz on What's Your Leadership Style? The quiz was only about 15 questions which took about five minutes to complete. The questions asked you as if you were the boss at your own work place. I tried to base my questions off my last job as a shift-leader at a mini-golf course. This was my result...

Result: Steward
Stewards are the rocks of organizations. They’re dependable, loyal and helpful, and they provide a stabilizing and calming force for their employees. They value rules, process and cooperation. They believe that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and they move only as fast as the whole chain will allow. And they take care to help those who struggle. Working for Stewards offers the chance to be part of a well-oiled machine. It offers security, consistency and cohesion. It may not offer great opportunities for individual glory or an adrenaline rush, but it does provide great opportunities for team success. Stewards can often be found in mission-critical areas of the organization and they are often relied-upon by leaders in other divisions. For the appropriate people, it’s a great situation. Famous Stewards include George Washington, Mother Teresa and Ginni Rometty (CEO of IBM).

I found the results of this quiz to be very accurate. A Steward describes me well because I am dependable and helpful toward other people and I also try to be calm in all situations with my co-workers. I also think working as a team can get things done faster and more efficiently just as the quiz describes a Steward. One of the most interesting parts of the results was finding out other Stewards who are famous, like George Washington. This quiz was enjoyable to take and I encourage others to give it a try.

Comments

  1. Interesting. Can you share the link to the quiz?

    Do you know what theories this quiz is based on? What research supports it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would get similar results about my own leadership style. I see myself as a dependable employee and I'm able to provide calm support

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to succeed? Get more sleep | Arianna Huffington

Understand Your Boss by Astrology Sign

The Fascinating Science Behind ‘Talking’ With Your Hands