Defining Leadership

There are many ways to define leadership. If I were to define leadership I would say it is when an individual takes charge of a group when no one else will. This may be more of an example but this is what I think of when I am defining leadership. I came across a great article in Business News Daily that listed 11 quotes defining leadership. The quotes were all very different and were from various types of people ranging from CEOs to authors and to founders of business'. What I found interesting was that the majority of the quotes all had a common goal of bettering their team and environment and making sure everyone succeeds. I definitely agree with this. I think leader wants to be apart of something bigger than themselves and looks out for others, which is their team. This is a great little article and below I have added the link.


http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/3647-leadership-definition.html

Comments

  1. It's said a lot that there's a huge difference between simply being a boss and really leading a team of people. A boss tells you what to do, whereas a leader motivates you to succeed. I wholeheartedly agree with you that a leader wants to be a part of something bigger, always looking out for their team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the entries are useful for reflection. If I were to pick one that represents what i strive for, it would be #10. Though I don't disagree with any of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to succeed? Get more sleep | Arianna Huffington

Great tips for making your job interview count- Anna Post

Secrets of success in 8 words | Richard St. John